The Aeropress is a unique coffee maker, celebrated for its clever and uncomplicated design. It offers a versatile brewing experience that allows you to get creative with your coffee making. Perfect for coffee enthusiasts, explorers of new tastes and experiences, and anyone looking for a delightful and satisfying morning beverage, the Aeropress is a must-have addition to your coffee routine.
What you'll need
- Aeropress filter
- Digital scale
- Stirring tool,
- Your drinking vessel of choice
- Delicious coffee beans
- Begin by bringing 200g of filtered water to a boil and weighing out and grinding 14g of coffee beans to a medium/fine setting.
- Insert the paper filter into the plastic cap, and carefully rinse it with hot water.
- Assemble your Aeropress with the plunger inserted into the chamber and place it plunger side down on your scales. Tare the scale and add the ground coffee into the brew chamber.
- Start your timer, and add in the 200g of water, stirring three times. Place the filter cap on top and let it steep for 60 seconds.
- After the steeping time is up, place a cup or vessel over the top of the chamber, and flip the Aeropress and cup in one swift motion.
- Press down slowly but firmly on the plunger until you hear a hissing sound, which should take around 30 seconds. If it takes longer and is hard to push down, try making the grind coarser. If it takes less time and is easy to push down, try making the grind finer.
- Finally, unscrew the cap and pop out the filter and puck of coffee by pushing the plunger further through.
- Pour your coffee and enjoy!