Brewing coffee is an art form that requires attention to detail and precision. Whether you're using a V60, Kalita, or any other brewing device, this recipe can be adapted to work with your favourite coffee maker. The key to making great coffee is to use high-quality beans and follow the brewing process carefully. Here's a step-by-step guide to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.
What you'll need
- Brewing device (V60, Kalita, etc.)
- Paper filter
- Digital scale
- Stirring tool
- Cup or vessel
- Fresh and delicious coffee beans
- Bring 250g of filtered water to a boil and let it cool for a minute or two. Weigh out and grind 15g of coffee to a medium/fine setting.
- Insert a paper filter into the brewing device and rinse it with hot water to remove any paper taste. Place the brewer on top of your cup or vessel and place it on your scales. Tare the scales and add the ground coffee to the filter.
- Start your timer and add 50g of water to the coffee to start the bloom. Make sure all the coffee is saturated and use a stirring tool to agitate the grounds if necessary. Allow the coffee to sit for 30 seconds.
- Pour the remaining 200g of water into the brew device, pouring slowly and in circular motions. Aim to keep the water level just below the top of the brewer to avoid overflowing. Allow the coffee to drain down until you have about 1cm of drain space at the top of the device.
- Give the brew a gentle swirl to help bring any high and dry grounds into the brew water, then allow it to fully drain down.
- Pour your coffee into your cup or vessel and enjoy!